Department: Library-Media Center
- S9GS Canvas 101-201 Online Course for Teachers
- Collaborative Library-Media Lessons
Clubs/Sports: S9YA Readers
B.S. Ed, Secondary Language Arts, The University of Alabama
M.S. Library Information Studies, Florida State University
I am a teacher-librarian, media specialist, and technology integration mentor. I read. I search. I share. I am passionate about:
- Books in all formats
- Reading young adult literature
- Instructional and educational technology
- Gadgets, gizmos, and educational apps
- Helping high school students discover all of the above
I believe that School Libraries are Innovative Common Learning Spaces.
I graduated from The University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, Language Arts. I received my Master of Science in Library and Information Studies from The Florida State University. I began my teaching career at Sparkman High School, teaching 11th grade Honors English and Creative Writing. I have been the Library-Media Specialist at S9GS since the school opened in 2006. I have been an educator for over 15 years. I enjoy traveling with my family, reading, and watching Alabama football.