Department: Library-Media Center
- S9GS Canvas 101-201 Online Course for Teachers
- Collaborative Library-Media Lessons
B.S. Ed, Secondary Language Arts, The University of Alabama
M.S. Library Information Studies, Florida State University
I am a teacher-librarian, media specialist, and technology integration mentor. I read. I search. I share. I am passionate about:
- Books in all formats
- Reading young adult literature
- Instructional and educational technology
- Gadgets, gizmos, and educational apps
- Helping high school students discover all of the above
I believe that School Libraries are Innovative Common Learning Spaces.
I graduated from The University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, Language Arts in 2000. After teaching 11th grade Honors English and Creative Writing at Sparkman High School for over 5 years, I received my Master of Science in Library and Information Studies from The Florida State University. I have been the Library-Media Specialist at S9GS since the school opened in 2006. When I am not reading the next book in my TBR pile, I enjoy traveling with my family and watching Alabama football.